Favorite Quotes

Here are some of my favorite quotes. I have these posted on my facebook too, but I wanted to share them with my blog readers...

"Go as you are to Christ, and ask him to give that tenderness of heart which shall be to you the indication that pardon has come; for pardon cannot and will not come unattended by a melting of soul and a hatred of sin. Wrestle with the Lord! Say, I will not let you go except you bless me. Get a fast hold upon the savior by a vigorous faith in his great atonement. Oh! May his spirit enable you to do this! Say in your soul, here I will abide, at the horns of the altar; if I perish I will perish at the foot of the cross. From my hope in Jesus I will not depart; but I will look up and still say, savior, your heart was broken for me, break my heart! You were wounded, wound me! Your blood was freely poured forth, for me, Lord let me pour forth my tears that I should have nailed you to the tree. Oh Lord, dissolve my soul; melt it in tenderness, and you will be forever praised for making your enemy your friend.
"-Charles Spurgeon

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
-C. S. Lewis

"...that people often say about Him: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic--on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg--or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."
-C. S. Lewis

"If you are living like there is no God, you better be right!"
-Anonymous

"Hunsicker's never quit!"
-Aunt Terri

This last one I can't really call a favorite because it makes me sad...but it should make you think...

"The greatest single cause of atheism in this world today is Christians...who acknowledge Christ with their lips, and walk out the door, and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
-Ananymous

Comments