Much Needed Spiritual Housecleaning...

So, I must admit that recently I have been struggling quite a bit with some personal sins. Starting today I have been purging many things from my life that have been causing me to stumble.

The main thing I did was deactivate my iPhone Cell service. I got a simple Japanese Cell phone now that works just fine. I have many reasons why I decided to get rid of it, but mainly it's just because it was beginning to become and idol in my life. I just really feel like I need to get back to the basics.

So I still need to get rid of the iPhone itself, and I have some ideas about how to do that.

Anyways...I'm very excited about what God has been doing in my life lately, and I look forward to seeing what else He has in store for me.

Finally I would just like to close this post with song lyrics that I think are appropriate for my situation right now...

God's Refining Fire
by Mac Lynch

Oh Lord we pray thy will be done, or Master here am I.
We pray you'd do a mighty work, that to the flesh we die.
And when the answer comes to us in form of trial and test,
We fail to see your loving hand, refining fire is best.

God's refining fire, God's refining fire.
May it purge me now and make of me what you require.
Oh Lord feed the fire, your refining fire.
Now as gold and silver must be tried, Lord may my heart be purified.
Lord send your great refining fire.

That I may stand when you appear, abide till your return.
Oh place the fire perfectly that all my dross be burned.
Whether furnace of affliction Lord, or unfulfilled desire,
Bring forth a vessel pure and tried, by your refining fire.

God's refining fire, God's refining fire.
May it purge me now and make of me what you require.
Oh Lord feed the fire, your refining fire.
Now as gold and silver must be tried, Lord may my heart be purified.
Lord send your great refining fire.

Comments

Praying for you! I'm doing some of the same purgine and re-evaluating in my life...
Amanda said…
I'd never stopped to actually read those words before...Thanks for posting them.
Nightingale said…
What encouraging words.....thanks for posting. I just found your blog through Rebekah at Living Joyfully For The Lord. It is always a blessing to read about other young Christians serving the Lord. Thank you for your service to our country - keep standing strong for the Lord.
Sincerely,
Courtney
Anonymous said…
Hey Jason,

How 'bout you throw the iphone over the side? :-)

Your decision reminded me of Jesus' words--"if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you, for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell" (Matt 5:29).

Persevering in the faith requires radical surgery of the sin nature. Praying for you, brother!
Jason Hunsicker said…
That's a good idea Pastor! Haha!

Actually that was exactly the verse I was thinking about when I decided I needed to get rid of it.

Thank you for your encouragement everyone!
Josh said…
Hi Jason,
I saw your comment on Vanessa's blog and decided to stop over... It is encouraging to see other "young" people striving after God! I will be praying for you as your spiritual houscleaning takes place. Just remember to stay close to the Word, and spend your time with God. He will strengthen you =)

God Bless you richly,
Josh