Latest musings...

Sorry to everyone that it has been so long since my last blog. Things have been crazy at work lately. We're going through a big inspection next week, and there has been all kinds of activity ont he boat lately...lots of long days. There have been some things that God has put on my heart lately that I would like to share with you all.

First of all God has impressed on my heart lately the importance of living a spirit filled life. Living every second of every day striving to please the Lord, and just allowing the Holy Spirit to direct you. This is something that I REALLY need to work on. Too often we as humans allow ourselves to be governed by our flesh.

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Matthew 26:41

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7:18

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:1

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:7-9

We must be careful that we do not allow ourselves to be led by our flesh. I've often noticed that people who are lead by the flesh can get burned out pretty quickly. I know I myself don't see how you can live a Christian life when you do not seek Christ's direction.

The second thing is in regards to hypocrisy. I see it so often in the Navy...you'l have some one who will outwardly will try to appear that they are this good Christian, but you find out later, that it was all an act. I must admit this one gets pretty hard because I'll see them and think that they might make a good friend, but upon getting to know them, I find out the truth. I actually had a guy on the ship come up to me a couple of weeks ago and tell me that I'm the only Christian he has ever known who is not a hypocrite. I can honestly take no credit for that...that is all God! On my own...I can assure you...that would not be case.

Anyways...I would like to throw out a verse to ya'll just so you can see how God feels about hypocrisy.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous.
Matthew 23:27-29

We must be careful that we are not hypocrites...it is not pleasing to the Lord.

I would like to close with another verse:

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
James 3:17

Comments

Melanie said…
Thank you for taking time to write out your thoughts... as always, they were very convicting and encouraging, especially the part about being Spirit-filled and not controlled by the flesh!

Thank you, also, for all the Scripture verses you include in your posts!
Amanda said…
Thanks for the thoughts!