30 Day Challenge: Day 16, A song that makes you cry

Again, this one is a hard one. I honestly can't think of a specific song at this time. I've always been a sucker for a good sad country song. But I can't think of any specific one that makes me cry when I hear it.

Probably the only song I can think of that last made me almost cry was the last verse to "In the Bleak Midwinter":

What can I give him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
if I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
yet what I can I give him: give my heart.
This song just reminds me of my unwillingness to give God my all. I so often allow my own fears of rejection, and fear of getting hurt to keep me from giving my all to God. I mean I know as this song states, we can give him our hearts, and if we are saved we have done that. But I can't help but think of another possible line to this song "What can I give him? Give him all my life." If only that were the prayer of all of our hearts. That we would live our lives fully surrendered and willing to go, and do whatever God calls us to do.

Day 1: A favorite song.
Day 2: A favorite movie.
Day 3: A favorite book.
Day 4: A favorite television program.
Day 5: A favorite quote.
Day 6: A moment you wish you could relive.
Day 7: Five things you couldn't possibly live without.
Day 8: A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.
Day 9: A photo you took.
Day 10: A photo of you taken over ten years ago.
Day 11: A photo of you taken recently.
Day 12: A song that you want played at your wedding(or was played).
Day 13: A guilty pleasure.
Day 14: A vacation you would like to take.
Day 15: A person you admire.
Day 16: A song that makes you cry.
Day 17: An art piece.
Day 18: A time when you felt passionate and alive.
Day 19: A talent of yours.
Day 20: A hobby of yours.
Day 21: Something you know you do differently than most people.
Day 22: A website.
Day 23: A way in which you want to be remembered.
Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love.
Day 25: A recipe.
Day 26: A childhood memory.
Day 27: A physical feature you love.
Day 28: A scar you have and it's story.
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
Day 30: A motto or philosophy.

Comments