Thoughts from my Bible reading...

...you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. For, as it is written, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."
Romans 2:21-24

I know I have often spoke of hypocrisy on my blog. It is hypocrisy among us Christians that often turns people away from Christianity. I know I have put this quote on my blog before, but I feel it is important to the topic of this post:

The greatest single cause of Atheism in the world today, is Christians. Who acknowledge Christ with their lips, and walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds...unbelievable.
-Anonymous

We as Christians must be very careful about our testimony. We must be sure that we are always relying on Christ, and always striving to live in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. Unbelievers are always watching us...we must be sure that our actions direct people's eyes to Christ...

Comments