Earthquake in Japan...

I think I waited a little too long to do this...I updated facebook, but it occurred to me that I'm not facebook friends with all of my followers. So...I just wanted to let you all know that I'm okay. I wasn't even in Japan when the earthquake, and even if I had been, Yokosuka wasn't affected very much by the disaster.

And this this public knowledge, so it's okay if I say it, but my ship was in Singapore when the earthquake hit, and we're now on our way back to Japan to help in the humanitarian efforts.

Please be praying for the Japanese people, as they try to pick up the pieces and try to move forward. It's going to be a long road to recovery, and they're going to need all the prayers and help we can provide as Americans.

Comments

TexasLady said…
Thanks for the update :), and I'll be praying.
Also continuing to pray for your Mom.

Marci
Caleb said…
Thanks for the update. I was wondering where you were on your deployment, and if is was anywhere near Japan. I want you to know that I am praying for your mom as well.
Jason Hunsicker said…
Sorry Dakota, but right now my ship is underway, and the ships internet wont allow me to start following any new blogs. Everytime I try it blocks me. One of the blessings of being in the Navy! Anyways...I'll try to remember to add you when my ship pulls back into homeport.

In Him,
Jason