But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter up of my head.
Psalm 3:3

Not only is it a comfort to know that God is a shield about us, but I especially like the part of this verse that says the Lord is "the lifter up of my head."

It doesn't say what the situation is that God lifts up our head when it is bowed...perhaps it is when we bow our head in shame for sins committed, or perhaps when we bow our heads when our eyes are filled with tears. In either situation we can find solace in the fact that God will lift up our head...

In the situation where we are bowing our head in shame for sins committed, if we are believers, we have no reason for shame, because the Lord has saved us! So He will lift our heads to behold Him face to face...and see the Love in His eyes.

In situations where we are bowing our head because our eyes are filled with tears, He is our comforter. He will lift our heads to behold Him, and He will put His arms around us, and comfort us in our pain.

Comments

PrincessR said…
Oh wow, you don't know how much I needed to hear that! Thank you for being open to God prompting you to write it.
Blessings!
Jason Hunsicker said…
Glad it could be a blessing! I'm doing a study on the attributes of God with my one of my friends. I'm going to post them on here when I can. It's a really good study to do!

We are constantly urged in the bible to KNOW the Lord. And while many of us Christians may have a head knowledge of and about God, we don't often have a heart knowledge of Him. So we look at the attributes, and meditate on them through out the day...it's been soo good!