Stick with your work. Do not flinch because the lion roars; do not stop to stone the devil’s dogs; do not fool away your time chasing the devil’s rabbits. Do your work. Let liars lie, let sectarians quarrel, let critics malign, let enemies accuse, let the devil do his worst; but see to it nothing hinders you from fulfilling with joy the work God has given you. He has not commanded you to be admired or esteemed. He has never bidden you to defend your character. He has not set you at work to contradict falsehood about yourself which Satan’s or God’s servants may start to peddle, or to track down every rumor that threatens your reputation. If you do these things, you will do nothing else; you will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord. Keep at your work. Let your aim be as steady as a star. You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded and rejected, misunderstood, or assigned impure motives; you may be abused by foes, forsaken by friends, and despised and rejected of men. But see to it with steadfast determination, with unfaltering zeal, that you pursue the great purpose of your life and object of your being until at last you can say, 'I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do.'

-Anonymous

I know I've posted this quote before...but I need this reminder right now...there are some things going on here at Northland that reminded me of this quote I read on a blog post Dr. Olson wrote about a year ago. Once again people are criticizing Northland and members of its administration...we, the Students of Northland International University, love you Dr. Olson, and we stand behind you...

Comments

Caleb said…
Amen. Thanks for posting this quote again... It is one of my favorites. I am praying for Northland and Dr. Olson during this time. There seems to be so many people attacking Christian schools right now over trivial things. It sure doesn't seem to be doing anything for the cause of Christ.
Adam said…
Thanks for sharing :)
Ummm...I needed this...(you know why). Thanks for sharing, it gave me hope.