Stained Glass Masquerade

by: Casting Crowns

Is there anyone that fails?
Is there anyone that falls?
Am I the only one in church today feelin' so small?

Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong.
I know they'll soon discover
That I don't belong.

So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay.
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too.
So with a painted grin, I play the part again,
So everyone will see me the way that I see them.

Are we happy plastic people,
Under shiny plastic steeples?
With walls around our weakness,
And smiles to hide our pain.
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade.

Is there anyone who's been there?
Are there any hands to raise?
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage?

The performance is convincing.
And we know every line by heart.
Only when no one is watching,
Can we really fall apart.

But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see?
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be.

Would your arms be open?
Or would you walk away?
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay?

Comments

Adam said…
This is one of my favorite songs by Casting Crown. :)