Be Yourself

One thing that God has been teaching me lately, is how much I like to keep myself isolated from other people.  I've always been very good at opening up to people in casual conversation, and I'm pretty good at getting to know people, I always have been.  But God showed me lately, that I too often still keep a wall up for protection.  I'm so afraid of letting people see the real me, that I keep that wall up.

This has caused me to often spend far too much time in my room not socializing with people.  I see people out in the hall talking in the dorm, and just keep going on my way getting done what I need to do, with no thought of how others around me are doing.

Through my relationship with Charity God revealed this to me, and I'm so thankful for it!

As of late, God's been teaching me how to let go of my fears and just cut lose and have fun with people.  Granted, as a result, I do not get my homework done as early, and as quickly as I would like, but I know it's better for me to do this.  Christianity should be about building relationships, and I'm so thankful for the good friends I've been developing this semester, and I look forward to other people God will enable me to become friends with.

Comments