Nearing the end...

Well, we have one more week of camp.  I'll be driving back home next Saturday afternoon.  I can't wait to sleep in my own bed, and get some good rest.

Last Monday was my birthday...I'm officially 25 years old...wow...just seeing that written on this page looks really old.  Reaching this milestone has caused me to be very reflective...how have I used the last 25 years?  Did I live it in a way that was honoring to my savior?  Did I witness like I should have?  Did I make disciples, as the Great Commission calls me to do?  The truth is I'm ashamed to say that I have not...since I came to camp is the greatest amount of discipleship that I have been involved in in my whole life.

What has this realization motivated me to say?  "Not another wasted year..."  Most of my grandparents did not live past 75...so, if I follow the family tradition, I'm a third of the way through my life on this earth.  I will be held accountable for the life I lived...the life God gave me to live...

This is the main thing God has taught me this summer...I want to live a grace enabled, God pursuing, people pursuing, discipleship centered life...a gospel centered life...

Below I have posted random pics from the summer that are on facebook...


Good 'ol game of "tube tug"


Last performance of Pioneer Village "funny time"


Living in the teepee, doing "DEPAC" devotions with my campers


Pioneer Village staff picture, during staff training


Last week of Pioneer Village camp staff picture


I was the Redskin team leader, and this is my co-team leader...Katie Sanders...she became a very good friend this summer

Comments