Poem I wrote...

Today, in our last class for "The Christian and the Arts," Mr. Whigham asked us to write a poem from the perspective of God, viewing us.  The following is the poem I wrote.  I don't usually write poems, but I'm glad I did it.  I know it doesn't rhyme all the way through, I was trying to go for more of a "free-verse" kind of poem.  I'd like feedback from friends on it!  Be honest please!

O sinful child of mine why do you stray so far?
I have died for you, and yet you look away.
I love you, and yet you turn aside.

O sinful child of mine why do you forget my works?
I have made you, and I have formed you.
I have sought you, and I have known you.

O sinful child of mine why do you doubt me?
I have always loved my people, and I will always love them still.
I have ever been so faithful and I always ever will be.

O sinful child of mine, do you know that I see you?
I see your trials, and I see your pain.
I know your fears, and I know your shame.

O sinful child of mine, do you know my provision?
I have prepared a place for you, a place of rest.
I am waiting with open arms to hold you to my breast.

Comments

Hannah Joy R. said…
"O sinful child of mine why do you not doubt me?"
Is this supposed to say "why do you doubt me?"
It is thought provoking. Good job!
Jason Hunsicker said…
Yep, yes that is. I'll fix that!
Susan said…
Sanctification is an ongoing process as long as we are mortal. Thank the Lord that He is merciful, and that all things work together for good for those who love God and called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28)

The biggest hurdle is confessing that we are sinners. He came to save the sick, not those who are (or those who think they are) whole.

Thanks Jason, very nice poem :)
Jason Hunsicker said…
I couldn't agree more! Thanks Susan!
Unknown said…
Your meter is a bit inconsistent, but one of the best parts about poems is the creativity of what you can do when not committing to a certain form of poetry. It's very thought-provoking and well-written, with a good understanding of the topic.
Jason Hunsicker said…
Thanks James! I appreciate the feedback!