Living in the Moment...

Come now,you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
James 4:13 - 14

The idea of "Living in the Moment" has been on my mind a lot lately.  God has been impressing on my heart a need to not look to the future so much that I forget the opportunities that He's given me right now.

I've lived my life far too often with a future mindset...thoughts like, "In the future I'll be a pastor," "In the future, when I'm married"...etc.  I do this so often that I forget the "here and now."  There are hurting people everywhere...in your work...in your home...in the supermarket...and even a Christian University.

This way of thinking can even affect my approach to resisting sin.  I think, "I need to be ready for when the temptation comes in the future."  No...I need to be ready every moment for the next time the temptation comes.

I do not know when God will take me by death or by being called up with the rapture...I need to be utilizing every moment of every day, doing that which glorifies Him!

Comments