Update on things...

Well, my 4th semester at Northland began last week.  For class, I'm taking Elementary Greek II (yes, I survived Greek I, by God's grace), Biblical Manhood (this is the class that I'm the most excited about), Systematic Theology IV (it covers Ecclesiology and Eschatology), Major Prophets, Biblical Hermeneutics, Historical Books, and Concert Choir.  I guess technically there's one more, but I'm going take a whole paragraph to write about that one.

So, the other class I'm taking/took is "The Christian and the Arts."  This was a great class that really challenged my thinking on a lot of different topics.  I could write a whole book on the kinds of things we discussed, but I don't want to bore my readers.  I will say this, though, it made me realize that I really should start exploring my creativity.  I'm planning on trying to learn the guitar, and I'm planning on reading recreationally much more often.

Most importantly, though, is the work that God's been doing in my life this semester so far.  I have 48% of the funds raised for my missions trip this summer, and my church, that I go to when class is in session, has promised that once the last of the funds that I know are coming in, come in, they're going to pay off the rest of the trip.  God is continually reminding me that He's sovereign, and I have no need to worry about the future.

God has also opened the door for two pastoral internship possibilities for after the missions trip.  One requires an application, so I've filled it out, and I'm going to turn it in (it's in Illinois).  If I get approved for it, I'll go on that one.  If it doesn't go through, then if the 2nd one is still available, I'll take it (it's in Michigan).

Time in the Word has been really great lately, but it's only by His grace.  I'm so easily distracted, and I so quickly take my eyes off of Him.  He's been renewing my mind to think on Him more, and I'm so thankful for the peace and joy He gives...

Comments

PrincessR said…
Yay! Praise God for all the blessings in your life and the excitement you have for learning! I will be praying for your upcoming trip. :)