You can have all this world...just give me Jesus...

The title of this post is the cry of my heart right now...many of you may have read or heard about what's going on at Northland right now.  There's so much turmoil and confusion.  I feel like this last week has been one giant nightmarish roller coaster ride.  There have been lots of tears...

There have been times of encouragement where God used a friend to encourage me with the Word...or we've had student body chapel and God used the focus of the service to turn my eyes to Him and His goodness.  There have been times like this morning, where a professor of mine had to leave class to go compose himself because he was crying...when he returned he said, "I'm crying not because I'm afraid, I'm crying because I love you students."  These words only made my heart break even more...

There have been times where a message from an individual in a public setting spoke great words of encouragement from the Word, and got our focus back on God.  There have been times where a speaker in a public venue used that opportunity to preach about more controversy...and thus push many into even more confusion.

You may ask, "Where are you on the issues?  Are you with the 'legalists' who want things to go back to the way they were, or are you with the 'licensers' who want things to stay the way they are right now?" (The title "legalism" and "license" are the titles given by both sides for the other side.  I'm not saying their accurate labels...just the labels that are often given) I would say I'm no the fence.  I've jumped back and forth from one side to the next, but I'd like to stay in the middle at this point.  There are people I love and respect on both sides.  Both sides have people who love God and want to serve him, and both sides have angry hurtful people who just want their agenda pushed forward.

My heart cries out, "Lord, I don't care about all this controversy.  Deliver me from it!  Please!"  And yet God's still small voice says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9)  These events...though they hurt...are pushing me to the feet of Jesus.  All I can do is fall at His feet and give it to Him...

Another word that I heart from one of the administrators here was about Philippians 4:8-9...in times like these...my flesh wants to wallow in self pity and and despair...but I need to think on what is true.  I need to "argue myself back to truth" as Dr. Olson says.  Lies creep into my mind and rob me of my joy in Christ...so I need to remind myself of what I know to be true of my God.

Please pray for Northland!  GOD has used Northland (I want to emphasize the fact that it is GOD who has used Northland) in my life to strengthen my relationship with Him.  He has worked amazing thing in my life for the past 2 years, and I know that I would hate to see Northland die amidst all this controversy...but I also know that God is sovereign, and He doesn't need Northland to accomplish His goals in the world.  So...I ask for pray that God would be glorified in all this...no matter what happens...

Comments