Musings on 2013

Many things can be said about this year.  It was the year of adventure (I went on a missions trip to N. Africa), it was the year of trials (my internship in Illinois), it was the year of great realizations (my internship in Illinois), it was the year of letting go of my anger at God (my internship in Illinois), it was the year of making new friendships and deepening previous relationships (this past semester at Northland), it was the year of new beginnings (new president at Northland) and I'm sure I could think of more things that could characterize this year, but I think I have written enough.

I really enjoy writing out prayers to God, so I think the best way to close out this post is to thank the Lord for what He did this year.  So, here's my prayer:

Father, I thank You so much for this year.  I thank You for the work You did in my life through all the circumstances You brought me through.  I know that I don't learn nearly as much when my life is going the way I want it.  So, thank You Lord for not giving me what I want, but giving me what You know I need.  I know that I can thank You for the trials because You are working Your great purposes in my life through them.  Help me Father in the coming year to keep my eyes fixed on You!  I know there will be times when I will take my eyes off of you, but help me when I fall to run right back to Your loving arms!  Help me Father to submit myself to You, and please work in my life to make me more like Yourself this year!  I give this year to You, O LORD!  Do with it what You will!  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Comments