Blessed Beyond Measure...

As any of you who have been following my blog posts lately will know, I was recently appointed as Associate Pastor of the church I've been going to since I started college 3 years ago.  I cannot tell you how much of a blessing the job has been so far.  I love the preaching, but more than anything my favorite part of the job is talking with people in my church about what God is doing in their life.  Many times this is right after the service when I get to talk to people about how the message affected them.  It is in moments like this where God confirms for me His calling in my life to be a Pastor.  Seeing how God is using me, a broken vessel in His hands to accomplish His purposes...it is humbling, and a greater blessing than I can adequately thank God for.

Another way in which I have been feeling incredibly blessed lately is when it comes to my wonderful girlfriend.  As a part of my job, I have 4 weeks of vacation per year.  Two of those weeks I took for the past two weeks.  The first week I spent with her family, and the second week she spent with mine.  The time with her family was awesome!  I love every one of her family members and had such a great time.  Her family lives in a "touristy" town, so there were all kinds of fun things that were always available to do.  I got a lot of sun, and a lot of mosquito bites, but it was wonderful!  Haha!

The second week with my family was awesome as well!  My family loves her, and she loves them.  No matter how crazy they got while she was there (and my family can get quite crazy), Rachel just kept saying that she loved them so much.

At the end of the second week we drove down to Columbus, OH for the wedding of a friend of mine, and it was a beutiful wedding!  Then we drove up to Flint, MI area to stay the night at Rachel's Grandma's place before I drove back to the UP the next day.  It was hard to say goodbye to Rachel that Sunday afternoon...because I will not be seeing her again till school starts up again at the end of August...but I couldn't have asked for a better visit.  God is so good to me...when I am so utterly undeserving...


Rachel holding my niece Emily. This is my favorite pic of Rachel...


The two of us at Watkins Glen in Watkins Glen, NY. It's about an hour away from where my parents live.

Comments