Overwhelmed yet encouraged...

Currently I am reading three excellent books! These three books are "Desiring God" by John Piper, and "Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands" and "War of Words" both by Paul Tripp. Since I've been reading all three I've found myself often times feeling SUPER overwhelmed. Why? Because I'm reading so many things that I want to put into practice...so many truths and actions that I so often fail to live out. I feel overwhelmed because I want to be a better pastor, boyfriend, friend, son, brother, future husband and future father, and I feel totally inadequate...totally unable to measure up to God's expectations. The truth is...I CAN'T live up to these expectations...I CAN'T be the godly man that God wants me to be. But this is where the encouragement comes in...

I am encouraged because the repeated refrain of Scripture reminds me that God delights to use us in our weakness. All throughout Scripture God shows Himself to be the God who uses weak and frail people to do awesome things! His grace is sufficient, for His power is made perfect in my weakness! (2 Corinthians 12:9)

So, though I may be so weak, and so frail...and so unable to live up to God's expectations...God's grace is sufficient. He can enable me to do the work He has called me to do! Will I fail? Yes...repeatedly...but He NEVER leaves me, and I can trust that He is always by my side, and He will help me!

Comments