Update

Wow...it's been too long since I updated my readers on what's going on with things, and a lot has happened since I last posted. I graduated from college in May and officially moved my residence to Crystal Falls, MI. I'm renting a small one bedroom house for now until I can find a good house to buy. I also started working on the side at a grocery store in the town where I pastor. I was at first kind of frustrated by the fact that I couldn't dedicate all my time to my church, but I have loved the opportunity it has given me to meet people in the community! God has been so good to give it to me, and I pray that I glorify Him there and represent my church well!

All these things are really awesome, but I'm a little biased in saying that there's one more thing that has happened that I'm probably the most excited about, and that is that on May 23rd I asked Rachel to marry me, and she said yes!

It was pretty awesome how it happened too...she came up to the area where I pastor to visit for the weekend, and before she came, I started thinking that maybe I should ask her while she was here. I already had the ring, and I was planning on asking when I visited her in August when I went on my two week vacation...but ever since I had taken Rachel on our first date to Dave's Falls in Amberg, WI, I had wanted to propose to her there. So I decided I would ask her while she was here.

So I had it all planned out...we'd go to Dave's Falls...I knew where I wanted to ask her when we got there, and I knew what I wanted to say...but God has a sense of humor...when we got there there were sooooooo many mosquitoes! It was so crazy! Every time we stopped moving we were being swarmed! So I kept trying to kill time, but the mosquitoes were only getting worse...so I went through with it and asked. And like I said, she said yes. We kept saying that we will never forget how it all happened because of the mosquitoes.

God is so good...I can't wait to marry her...

Here's some pics from the day I asked (we won't be getting official engagement pics till December):


Before I asked...


Before I asked...


After I asked...


The ring...we took this when we got back to the car...that way we weren't being eaten alive by mosquitoes anymore...

We'll be getting married on October 22, 2016.

Comments