Back from N. Africa...

I returned from N. Africa last week.  While I was gone my family moved to Hornell, NY...so adjusting to the move has kept me busy since I got home.  Finally I have the time to sit down and blog about the trip...

I'm so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to go on this awesome trip!  God taught me so much...I could write a book...I'll write about a few of the things that stand out...

First of all...God taught me that I need to rely on Him and His Word more than I rely on my feelings.  Too often my fears keep me from speaking...they keep me from doing what I know God wants me to do.  God showed me that the same kinds of things I did over there, can be done here in America as well.  I waste so many opportunities to share my faith with people.

God also taught me that He's the one who does the work, not me.  We shared the gospel with many people but no decisions were made to follow Christ...I had to remind myself, that I'm not the one who makes the change happen...that's a work that God does...I'm just a tool in His hands.

Finally, God taught me that He is building His church, and "...the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"(Matthew 16:18 ESV).  Interacting with the believers over there was so awesome...seeing their faith in the midst of persecution was such a rebuke to me and an encouragement.

Thanks to everyone who supported the trip with their money, and also for those who prayed!  God did a work in my life through it, and I pray that the seeds we planted in the hearts of unbelievers would grow up into saving faith in Jesus.

Comments